Aside from the "I need water and food to cheer up" grumps that Ada had, we enjoyed ourselves on a surprisingly hot and sunny day.
Sam and I were able to choose several seedlings to bring home, and the kids each painted a planter box for us to use for our new plants.
I mentioned in a post a while back that I was working on a new project, and am very happy to share that I am now blogging for The Farm Table -- a local farm to family produce service.
Sam and I joined The Farm Table last year, and it changed the way we eat in our home. The food is picked fresh from various local farmers, packed by Farm Table staff, and then delivered directly to our door. It is surprisingly affordable, as long as you use the food and don't let it spoil, which means diligent planning our part to use it all up (especially since we also have the bounty from our garden to eat). This also means that we are trying on new recipes (most of them successes, a few nasty disasters), and expanding our exposure to fruits and vegetables, all the while feeling pretty darn good that we get to support local farmers and eat amazing food. The only downside is the wintertime when the produce supply is low and we have to count on the grocery store for tasteless, colorless tomatoes. Boo.
I hope you'll join me at Follow The Tractor, and "Follow" the blog -- it may be local information about Richmond and Virginia, but there will be recipes, information on gardening, farming, and all sorts of other topics related to food, food traditions, and how we eat. I hope you enjoy it!

No comments:
Post a Comment