Friday, September 16, 2011
Ada & Quentin
I am happy we made the decision to have me home with the kids. It is difficult -- patience, finances, isolation. All of these things make it difficult, but I have been reminded lately why it is worth it, or more, why I need to be grateful for it. Just look at these faces.
I see her changing. It is hard when you are with someone everyday to notice the subtle changes, but this week I have noticed them. She is growing, changing, moving on to the next big phase.
The best part of it is her needing to feel secure while she moves through this transition. That she comes to me a dozen times a day and asks me for a hug, gives me a kiss or asks that I hold her. You betcha!
He is growing too. The endless eating, the independent play, the way he turns himself inside out when he wakes up first thing in the morning because he is just so stinkin' happy to see his mom, his dad and his sister.
And my favorite part -- the crazy way that the two of them together are developing the sweetest, safest and incredibly special relationship with each other. I know they will bicker, tattle and get on each others' nerves someday, but for now it's the highlight of my day listening to the two of them laugh out loud at each other. Love it.
Labels:
Ada,
Journaling,
Quentin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Adorable! I'm so glad you have had this time with them! They grow so fast. Won't be long and Miss will be in school! Hope and pray something opens up closer to home. Mom
I'm so glad you get to stay home with them - what precious moments you get to share with them. What sweethearts - wish we could you all more often.
Lots of love,
Melanie
Post a Comment