Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Los Arboles

We went exploring the other night -- well, that sounds too exciting for what we actually did. I needed to get out of the house, and I wanted to see what Irene left in her path, so after some nudging Sam took me on a drive around our neighborhood.  

Down the street from us



These Japanese Maples did not fare well, but are among the few in our neighborhood that are still rooted in the ground.

Did the wind knock this off? A tree branch?



This house has been the talk of the town -- and not for a good reason. Simply heartbreaking.

The roots from the tree in the picture above. This neighborhood is on day 4 of no electricity, and they may not have any until Friday.

Another tree down on the campus of Union Presbyterian Seminary on Brook and Westwood



Whatever kind of tree this is, it did not withstand the strong winds of Irene. This house, located in a very wealthy and swank part of Richmond, had 3 of these trees planted in front. All 3 trees were uprooted and laying in their front yard and on their house.
Ada and I had to take a different route during our walk of the neighborhood Monday -- this tree was blocking our path.
Bryan Park

 I'll say it again.  We were beyond lucky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Mom S.