Sunday, October 24, 2010

An unplanned day

We spent an impromptu and lovely day with our good friends Mike and Sarah (Seerah...as Ada calls her) yesterday at Maymont http://www.maymont.org, minus Ada's ridiculous tantrum at the petting zoo that meant the end of our outing. Aside from that, Maymont offered us beautiful gardens, old buildings, a modest petting zoo and a still somewhat vague history. The gist I got was that the Dooley's lived in a nice, beautiful mansion and owned the grounds, then donated it to the City. Don't know much more than that, but I'm sure we'll learn. There is much more for us to explore there, so plan on a trip to Maymont if you come to visit us - it will take us a while to get to see it all.










Later "Seerah" and Mike came over and actually cooked us dinner (!!!!), and we watched our mutual Alma mater, University of Tennessee. I have no idea if they won or not, which should tell you how much I enjoy football and how little of it I was actually paying attention to. It was fun to hear a few renditions of "Rocky Top" though. Doesn't matter - I enjoyed our company and these delicious oatmeal raisin cookies that we made for dessert http://lisasnumnum.blogspot.com/2010/10/oatmeal-raisin-cookies.html.

Anyway, there it is folks - finally a picture of the big belly. Let's just say I was waiting for the right spot to take a picture of it - and Maymont seemed as good a place as any!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look really good Shell!

Bonnie Kim said...

I love your belly! So cute!