Sunday, October 24, 2010

Welcome to the Hood, and 2 other posts


I am way behind on posts, so will apologize now for the 3 separate posts today...just thought I'd get them in before things get a little hectic around here. So - be sure to scroll down and peruse the 2 posts prior to this one, which chronicles our adventures in the kitchen and a trip to Maymont.

Sam and I went on a walk to the local school which has a playground open to the public. It's been an incredible Fall here; warm-ish days, but a super cool and satisfying breeze. The leaves are changing colors, and that combined with super old neighborhoods make living here this time of year just perfect.

The monument above (Richmond is apparently known as the "City of Monuments") is of Abrose Powell Hill, a confederate "lieutenant general" during the Civil War and native Virginian; Sam learned that he is the only person who was actually buried under their monument in the city. A.P. Hill's remains/monument are at the center of a round-about at the major intersection in our neighborhood.

Here are a few photos I took of our neighborhood, the "Rosedale" community to and from our walk to the playground...and it wouldn't be a fitting photo collection without a picture of Ada's awesome hair taken at our destination. It's very difficult to capture the beauty of the neighborhoods here with our little camera, but that just means you have to come and take a look at them yourself! Enjoy!






Our street


Our neighbors


Our house

Our kid and her glorious hair

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It all looks so "homey"! Mb

Bonnie Kim said...

So picturesque! Can't wait to come see it!

Steve & Sarabeth said...

I love, love, love neighborhoods like that!