Sunday, September 28, 2008

Milk for your baby?


Thanks to Sam and Ada, I have had a very nice "Birthday weekend". First of all, Baby visited the vet yesterday and delivered a clean bill of health.
He is still bald. He looks a bit funky. He is going to live.
Ada and I went to mom and baby group yesterday and got our pictures taken with all of the other Mom's for some event...I'm not sure what, but it was fun. There was a few-week old baby girl there and her adoptive Mom who is trying to nurse her. I loved hearing her stories about how her daughter is still trying to make herself comfortable in a home that is not her biological parents home, but clearly has bonded to her adoptive Mom...even that young they know. It was touching to see her new Mom take such good care of her and offer her so much love. I couldn't believe that Ada was that small just a few months ago!
Sam made an amazing dinner last night, and since my appetite is more than ravenous these days, I gladly ate every bite...and had a little bit of wine, too!
Sam treated me to breakfast at this cute French bakery/cafe that a friend recommended. The waitress was adorable and brought us the most delicious omelettes I've ever had. She was somewhat interested in Ada and wanted to make sure we were all comfortable...
She asked, "Can I get some milk for your baby?" I smiled, "No thanks."
No clue and so cute. :)
I took a good long nap with Ada today who has wanted to cuddle all day. Sam is in the kitchen making some kind of rhubarb and strawberry invention; Ada is chatting away in her crib; I'm drinking tea after using my new teapot...it's been a very nice weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Shell! Love Mom

Jennifer said...

Michele,

You probably think I've forgotten about you, the Center, baby Ada...

But alas, I think of you often and enjoy watching Ada grow up via your blog.

I noticed that you and Sam take lots of pictures. For this, you will be grateful in years to come.

I so love hearing about Ada's achievements and your growing expertise as a mother. You are truly in your glory.

Best to all of you on your blessed new family.

Jennifer V., sometimes adjunct therapist

Schwartz said...

Jennifer!!!! I MISS YOU! I am so happy to hear from you on here and would love to see you. I'm sorry you havn't been well...sending my love and hope that you get to meet baby Ada, soon.

hugs and kisses. MRS

p.s. yes, we're a little nuts with the camera