Monday, July 7, 2008

Mommy Amnesia


Birth Fog. Post-partum dementia.

Different names for the same affliction.

I feel I've been walking in a fog for 7 weeks. Yep, I've been in this fog since Ada was born.

I find myself having difficulty tracking conversations and drifting off in a daze when there is too much going on around me.

I searched all morning looking for the cap to my water bottle, only to find that it was actually on the water bottle.

I showed up to my 6-week post-partum check up a day early and argued with the receptionist, certain that my appointment was "today".

I had to reach in the backseat the other day to feel for Ada, certain that I had left her at my previous destination (a jolt to my system when I thought I had forgotten her!)...and yes, she was there!

I lose paperwork, my purse, keys, phone, and am quite possibly losing my mind.

I have traded my brain in for something very wonderful...and it's totally worth it.

No comments: