

Isn't natural sunlight the best for shooting babies? I hate using the flash because it makes her look more pale than she really is. Latest changes: her hair is growing, her hands are getting a little bigger, and she has added a third mode of existence beyond eating and sleeping: she'll sometimes stay awake after feeding and look around, content for just awhile. She has a very expressive face; her eyes wander around as if she maintains an ingrained skepticism (see top) and doesn't want to betray her surprise at the world.
She won't remember any of this, of course, but I know that her subconscious is logging everything, and that she remembers what she sees, the voices she hears, and the touches she receives in ways that will become apparent in a couple years, when her deep familiarity with us will finally be revealed when she speaks and when she longs for us in all the ways that children yearn for their parents' love and protection. The foundation for those moments is being laid now.
--Sam
1 comment:
I think she looks like Sam!
Post a Comment