I was going to post a picture of me and Ada with her "I Heart Daddy" onesie, but I look so lardy in all the pictures that my pride will not allow me to let others see just how much weight I've gained. Last summer I was down to a svelt 180, and now I'm back up to 195. Damn. Partly due to lounging around with Ada and not playing basketball and getting outside like I did last summer. It's also about 110 outside. So right now, my vanity is taking a prolonged break so that I can spend time with my daughter and sit in air-conditioning.
Anyway, so here's a photo of Ada w/o her fat-necked father (for the most part).
While our nice digital camera and its bright flash are ruthless on bloated faces, it is good for some things, like this bonus shot of a butterfly that died in our back yard (see tattered wing). He's sitting on a prematurely fallen grapfruit.
The desert brings forth life as well, though...a cactus bloom on our front porch.
No comments:
Post a Comment