Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Three

My sweet, spirited boy turned 3 on Saturday. We spent the day bouncing, and jumping, and sliding, and running, and riding a merry-go-round.

The midwife told me when I was in labor that "he is going to give you a time of it." Two days of labor, and the at the peak of it (or should I say pique...), the Doctor came in to turn him, manually I might add. He turned right back where he wanted to be and came out when he was ready.

He hasn't changed a bit. He makes his Dad and I show up for parenting every single day.

He "WOW's" us with his amazing physical capabilities. I imagine him climbing mountains and playing sports, showing off his nimble and coordinated efforts, which seem so effortless (and I believe they are).

This boy, so full of life and humor, is equally good at digging his heels in. Just like he entered this world, he will not move until he is ready.

What fun we will have seeing who he becomes, witnessing what he can do, and  watching where he will go.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is all that and more! Gma C.