Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Fan


A few weeks ago, Ada and I decided to go out, just us (and baby, Lee, of course), while Quentin napped, and Sam watched a big football game. My self preservation during football season is to simply find something else to do. If that means stomping around Richmond to enjoy some time at Barnes and Noble, a local coffee shop, or just a day out walking, then I'll take it.




I thought our outing might be a good excuse to document some of my favorite aspects of Richmond, one of them being The Fan, which some of you who have visited us have had the opportunity to drive through. 









The Fan district was given its name for the fan shape that is the collection of streets it makes up. The homes are late 19th, early 20th century residences, although many a number of markets, vintage clothing shops, restaurants, salons, and other random businesses make up this beautiful area of town.





What I enjoy most are the beautiful colors of the homes, and the small details that make this area so unique.






Looking forward to sharing the experience in person with a few more visitors this year. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful architecture and colrs! I am very excited for my impending visit!