Saturday, November 17, 2012

Color Swatches

We've been sick around here the last few days, hence my inability to keep up with Nablopomo. 

Thursday was Ada with a runny nose. 

Friday was Mom with the chills and a sore throat. 

Saturday was Quentin with a runny nose and red eyes. 

I'm hoping Sunday is truly a day of rest. 

Ada's self directed "Man for Quentin," using her Dad's electrical (?) tape and recycled paper


After raiding the color swatches at Loews today with her Dad, Ada became very frustrated with me when she was unable to create the rainbow she'd imagined in her mind into something real and tangible. I told her to just keep trying, but she was clearly stuck.


After a somewhat difficult conversation, in which she was taking her frustration out on me, I finally asked, "What is it you need from me?! How can I help?"


It stopped her. She then said, "Nothing! My brain just won't let me think." 


She finally got over her own hurdles and started cutting, and gluing, and making things that made her happy.

Quentin's original masterpiece -- rocking those fine motor skills

I'll post the final piece when she has completed it.

No comments: