Tuesday, September 4, 2012
Squish Me
Yesterday was a fairly miserable day. Just not a good parenting day for either of us, which I blame on lack of sleep for all five of us (Stella is included in this!), and am glad it is in the past.
We met Ada's new teacher, Mrs. Ragland today. Ada got to see her new classroom, and learn where her "own cubby" with her blanket, rest mat, and school supplies now live. While she still needs to learn her right from her left, she nailed the word rhyming assessment, something Sam and I were unaware she was even skilled at. We spent the morning at the park with Quentin, and then the entire family went to my 38-week prenatal appointment to listen to Lee's perfect heartbeat.
Not a bad day.
She made a special picture for me this evening and it brought me to tears (privately, of course!). I am going to miss having her around during the day and regret any days I've taken for granted.
She decided tonight that she would prep her own baked potato at dinner, "because I am going to school now, so I can do it myself." That totally works for me.
She is dealing with some big emotions as of late (her friends who have been with us almost daily for the last 18 months have all gone off to school), she has another brother coming soon, I'm pretty sure she is going through a growth spurt, and she is transitioning into some seriously new territory next Monday. She has been extra clingy, and shifts from being sweet to a tad sour very quickly. I am trying to be patient, and relish in the extra affection she is asking for, one of which is a request to play with her hair and "squish" her (a.k.a. cuddle!).
While the day wasn't perfect -- there was whining, a few fits, and butting heads -- it was a special day all the same, spent together all 4 of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It all sounds so famililar.
Congratulations! Welcome to your family, little Lee.
Much love, Engmans
Love your posts. Squish her for me!! Gma C.
Post a Comment