Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Fall Risk

I keep telling people that this pregnancy has been "the easiest of all three," the "most mellow and laid back," without all of the worry of the first, and the guilt of the second. I am beginning to reexamine my claim!

The first trimester brought a serious sinus infection, coupled with bronchitis. Sam was in Seattle, and I had kids to take care of, so fell apart when he returned.

The second trimester was marked with a horrible bladder infection trying to turn into a kidney infection that sent us to the emergency department, and required our very nice neighbor to spend the night with Ada and Quentin. A heavy dose of antibiotics, and a bag of IV fluid to cure me from nasty dehydration did the trick.

The third trimester has now brought a sprained ankle, ripped up knee, and in total, 3 separate falls over the course of 2 1/2 weeks. The baby is fine, but I am worse for the wear. My center of gravity is off, I have a bad foot, and it seems I can't walk across the room without fear that I will be taken down by some force greater than me. It also doesn't help that I have two clubs for feet due to recent swelling from poor circulation, which  occurred after the fall, which of course happened in public, on the sidewalk, with a skirt on. Let's just say that the fall was neither discreet nor graceful. The last 2 falls have been less dramatic, but way more embarrassing.  

I need to stop telling people that this is an easy pregnancy and have this baby already.


Both of our children crying and throwing tantrums. You can tell I  am phased.


We returned from a lovely trip to Oregon with soaked-through baggage and car seats (thank you Chicago O'Hare, for leaving our belongings out in your nasty ole' weather).

Our perfect-to-us, well-behaved, well-mannered, no-accidents-litter-box-trained, and patient feline showed us she was mad at us for being gone for 2 weeks by pooping all over our bed while we were in Oregon, and was flea-bitten when we returned. The poop was easy to clean up, the fleas...not so much. Still working on that issue, which was not an issue before we left for Oregon. Welcome home, honey!!

Both of the kids have been sick -- double ear infections, crazy fevers, sore throats, cranky, grumpy, screaming, and getting very little sleep. I am convinced that sleep issues with children would make even the most hardened criminal break down in a puddle of tears.

And just yesterday I had to file a fraud claim with our bank, as it seems someone we don't know is funneling small amounts of money out of our already modest bank account.

Thank goodness for this face:

Someone got into my makeup while I was changing his friend's diaper in the other room. That is a hairbrush in his right hand. He was brushing his hair when I found him, apparently getting ready for a big date.

It's OK. 

You can laugh with me, just please don't laugh at me. 

I seem to cry these days when you do that.

I am reminded of this post from Sam, pre-children.



No comments: