Don't let that sweet face fool you. Trouble, I tell you. If we were to have a third child (No, we are not!), there is a 50-50 chance that it could be another boy and this one is handful enough, thank you very much! Quentin started walking about 4 weeks ago, which is fun and fabulous news in our home.
Even before he started walking though, he was climbing up onto furniture (and falling off of it), so you can imagine what life is like now that he is truly mobile, fairly agile and getting faster.
I always rejected the notion that boys and girls are different. They are. I have proof in my house. Come over and you will see it and know for yourself. Shortly after Quentin was born I received a random free sample of "Nerve Tonic" from Hylands in the mail. I have always used their homeopathic teething tablets for Ada, so I guess they decided to promo a different product. I think they knew something I didn't know at the time. They knew that my laid back, mellow, drama-free boy was going to WAKE UP one day and live out loud. I came upon that unopened box of nerve tonic in the hall closet today and seriously considered popping a few, and I am not trying to be funny -- I really did almost take some!
Most of the time this is what I see of Quentin -- his backside as he is swiftly moving from one self-generated disaster to the next. I am following around a human tornado.
I am convinced that one day I will find him on the roof, cape tied securely around his neck as he attempts to fly, bungee jump, or just soar off the roof for the heck of it.
It's a good thing I have some fierce love for him and would sacrifice everything to keep him happy and healthy.
I just may have to take a nerve tonic to actually raise him.
1 comment:
Well he is so darn cute! Pop a pill if you need to!! Enjoy these times...they go by so fast. I had two girls so I got nothing for ya! Love ya Mom!
Post a Comment