I have theories about bad moods - particularly when it comes to children. It's all about digestion. In a bad mood? Go potty, please.
I have been struggling to get Ada to eat healthy foods with plenty of fiber as of late. She was a fabulous eater until last summer, and is now a picky eater. I am aware this is normal, but plan to do something about it.
I am excited about this book. In fact, it is my new baby shower gift choice for new parents!
Anyway - yesterday was jam-packed with parties. An Easter egg hunt/party followed by a Birthday party for Ada's friend, Thurston at Chuck E. Cheese. Do you think Ada ate anything of value at either function? No. Do you think that what she mostly ate was junk and sugar? Yes.
The combination of no nap, junk food, crazy activity and loads of sugar meant that she pulled her pigtails out and she CRASHED. She crashed hard. Sam left around 6:30pm to go grade papers. What happened after he left wasn't pretty. I knew he wouldn't understand my description, so had to grab the camera and record it for him. There is nothing that can be done for a kid in this state other than brushing their teeth and putting them to bed, which is exactly what I did. She was out during our first lullaby of the night, which incidentally enough is "Jingle Bells", her current favorite. Ada told me this morning that she would be "more careful" with her treats, saying that her "tummy hurt" last night.
It is amazing what sleep and a healthful breakfast can do for a kid...back to normal!
4 comments:
Well that was painful to watch! Glad she got up in a better way!! Gma C.
Oh my! I'm sorry I'm laughing! Glad you had a handle on it! Grandma S.
Oh my, that was funny. I love how she's screaming her head off and you're laughing behind the camera! Sometimes laughing about it is all you can do!
I see tantrums in many forms regularly, but that was a doozy! Sorry it made me laugh!
Post a Comment