I love picking up recipes from people I've met throughout my life. I tend to end up naming the recipe after them. This one came from my OSU college roommate, Linda. She made this bread on a regular basis and was kind enough to teach me how to make it the year I lived with her. She also forgave me for putting a whole chicken on to boil, dozing off while I was "studying" only to wake up to a smoke filled house and the most putrid aroma you've ever smelled because the water evaporated and the chicken was burning in the stock-pot!!!
I think of her every time I make this bread, which is the best part of picking up recipes from people you have the privilege of meeting throughout life, especially when you have fond memories of them.

Enjoy!
Linda's Banana Bread
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup softened butter/margarine (or applesauce)
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed, ripe bananas (3-4 med)
1/2 cup buttermilk (which I never have, so I just use regular milk)
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
(optional: chopped nuts, granola, chocolate chips, or whatever suits your fancy...)
Place oven rack on lowest position. Preheat 350 degrees. Grease only bottom of your bread loaf pan(s).
Mix sugar and butter in large bowl
Stir in eggs until well blended
Add bananas, buttermilk and vanilla. Beat until smooth
Mix dry ingredients together separately and then add to the wet mixture until just moistened.
Pour into one large loaf pan, or 2 small loaf pans.
Bake 50-60 minutes until pick/knife comes out clean from the middle.
You don't have time to bake you say? You have kids? Well, give them the dictionary to read so you can whip this yummy bread up!
1 comment:
Love those dictionary pics! lol
Post a Comment