We had a nice time, though, and the wedding (i.e. the merger) was a spectacular 3 hour event. I'm not kidding. There was beer and popcorn served during the intermission. We had dinner before it, 2 acts, and then dancing to a live band.
I quickly realized why my friends don't take their babies/children to weddings (or any formal event for that matter...). I quickly learned about the secret club of parents in the back of the theatre during the wedding and earned my "baby wrangling" badge. Not that we had a choice for this one, but the next wedding I go to that I intend to have a good time at (i.e. drink at Melissa and Zach's wedding!), I plan to get a babysitter. I can see now that weddings will be precious dates with Sam since a babysitter is required. So, sorry to all of my friends who I scoffed at when they wouldn't bring their cute munchkins to the party. I get it now.
Ada took a 20 minute nap the day of the wedding, which began its festivities at 4pm. She stayed up until 12-midnight and then screamed herself to sleep. I think it was worth it to her just to say she danced all night to a great band who did an impromptu cover of Bon Jovi (YES!), and a few excellent Dave Mathews Band covers. She has been dancing ever since when she hears a funky beat!
We also celebrated Sam's second father's day by driving through Yellowstone. That place is awesome and the most beautiful country I have EVER seen. Wow. Not a bad way to spend Father's Day (and Ada cooperated!)...and, Sam landed 2 tickets to see Pink Martini, one of our favorite Pacific Northwest bands who will be here in September. Now there's another reason for a babysitter!
I messed up and filmed the video of our dancing queen sideways, again. I'll learn someday, folks.
5 comments:
What a kid! Mom
I'm going to make a little sign for you to tape on your camera that reminds you to hold the camera the right way!
Those are some great pics...I totally want to go to Yellowstone now!
Sb
I'm lovin Ada's moves!
Sounds like a fun adventure! I totally know how you feel about baby wrangling - sometimes it feels impossible to truly enjoy anything adult!
Beautiful...everything and everyone...especially that dancing baby! So cool to see her toddling around! Can't wait to see her again! Grandma (Mb)
Post a Comment