Well, it's day 3 of my maternity leave. I have to say I woke up on "the wrong side of the bed" this morning. I know she's not due until next week, but I am unbelievably impatient for her arrival. I had to remind myself so many times today to be thankful for these last few days of peace, freedom and time alone with Sam.
Now, I love being home, I love my weekends when there is nothing to do, and I love resting...but I have to say, I could not do this all the time. Daytime television is, simply put, horrible! I mean, give me something else besides the "The hottest hotties of the 90's" or " The real housewives of New York." With all of the talent in the world, this is what we have to watch? I really hope that Ada has better things to watch than the Kardashians and little miss "Lauren" on the Hills...why are we mesmerized by their daily lives? And does someone want to smack Lohan's Mom on the back of the head for me? I really have no patience for this kind of "entertainment." Anyway.
The great news is that Sam and I had another prenatal appointment today. We were lucky enough to see Midwife Tara today (she's been assigned to me the last 3 visits). She is amazing, very down to earth and very straightforward. So far, a clean bill of health again today. Ada's head is down (and I swear, grinding into my pelvis, ow!), heartbeat good (the best sound in the world), and seems to be enjoying her time hanging out!! Tara guessed today that she is a tad bit over 7lbs.
Sam took me for "In and Out" and a movie after our appointment, to cure my cabin-fever. Now, I am not a fan of fast food -- and I am really not a staunch follower of "In and Out" (I know, I'm the only living person who doesn't love it)...but I tell you what -- Ada LOVES an "In and Out" burger...or was it the chocolate milkshake?
The best part of the day was coming home, going to the community pool with Sam and sticking my swollen feet in the nice cold water. Now it's time to rest.
1 comment:
I can´t wait for her to come! I´m glad you´re getting some down time before it all happens!
Post a Comment